Tuesday, January 29, 2008

DCU

Goff has done a phenomenal job keeping DC United supporters informed about player developments with the team. Now I've got my new season tickets, got my new flag, and while I'm sad to see Nicholas Adderly and Bobby Boswell leave the team, I'm very eager for the CONCACAF Champions Cup to finds its way to RFK on March 18th. DC United today formally introduced two more new signings: GK Jose Carvallo of Lima's Universitario (I'll have an excuse to roll out the Cremas jersey this summer); and D Gonzalo Peralta of Argentina's Club Almirante Brown. Peralta and Carvallo join DCU's first designated player signing, Marcelo Gallardo, formerly of Paris-Saint Germain (I don't think I'll roll out the PSG gear however); D Gonzalo Martinez of Colombia's Milonarios; and F Franco Niell of Argentinos Junior.

After a great season last year, I'm thrilled that DCU's management has chosen to aggressively pursue new blood, even if others withhold plaudits for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment