Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Arrested Deterioration

Nearly six years ago, I set foot in The Valley for the first time and ignited an interest in Charlton Athletic that hasn't waned. As much as I've benefited from following the club, my interest in the team has corresponded with its cascading decline to the third division of English football.

No more.

For the last twenty minutes of Saturday's match against Carlisle United, I excused myself from an open house at a college outside of Philadelphia and followed the nerve-wracking conclusion through updates on Charlton Life.

Congratulations to "Sir" Chris Powell, the squad, the club, ownership, and all of Charlton's supporters around the globe.

It has been an unequivocal pleasure to root for SCP's men this season and whatever else may come, there are three more opportunities to revel in promotion before the hard work of preparing for a return to the Championship begins in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment